[UPDATE 30th of August 2016] New (and mandatory) tourist visa for US passport bearer. Cost is only 30$ for 1 year multiple entry 90 days visit.
From now on, all tourist visa applied by US national to Vietnam will be automatically converted into a 1 year visa with 90 days duration of each visit. A few personal notes here:
- Official stamping fee for 1 year is 135$ so even if you want a tourist visa for 2 weeks, you still have to pay 135$ for an undesired 1 year visa (with a stress on 90 day visit);
- If you want short duration and less costly plan, just apply for 1-3 month single/multiple entry Business Visa. Stamping fee is still 25$ for single entry and 50$ multiple entry. Sure business visa costs much cheaper in this case then 😉 <- invalid now as of 29th of August, 2016.
- Each visit is only 90 days then it will require a re-entry. So if you want to do a quick re-entry, then Moc Bai border (or Bavet in Cambodia) welcomes you. Don’t forget to prepare ~35$ for Cambodian visa fee.
- Sooner or later, extension of the 90 days within the country will be available but that is uncertain yet.
- People having obtained the tourist visa 1-3 months before today and already got the invitation letters showing the tourist visa 1-3 months then still get the 1-3 months tourist visa with their corresponding official stamping fee. Don’t worry.
- DN business visa cannot be 1-3 months also now. It is all converted into 1 year multiple entry with stamping fee of $135;
- Good news is that US passport holder is now paying for 12 month multiple entry business visa MUCH less and other nationality. Their cost for 1 year multiple entry DN business visa is roundly $220 only and 135$ official stamping fee.
- Tourist visa 1 year multiple entry (90 days stay) is 30$, stamping fee is 135$.