Exploring the amazing Mekong Delta by cruise is a truly unique experience for everyone. From Cai Be – Can Tho or vice versa, seeing the rice fields of south Vietnam, peaceful village life and various craft making sites. Here we discuss the cruise available for a Mekong Delta tour 2 days (1 night).
The Mekong Delta is a region in southwestern Vietnam where the mighty Cuu Long, also known as Mekong River, nourishes the surrounding landscape before flowing into the sea. One of the best ways to experience it, is by cruise.
You can enjoy delicious food on board and relax as the boat meanders through the Mekong Delta to see all it has to offer. The floating markets, traditional ship building yards and a whole community of houses on stilts.
Prices & Itinerary for Mekong Delta tour 2 days
The prices for a cruise per person are as follows;
Number of passengers – 1 0r 2 passengers 3 to 12 passengers 13 pass. or more
Price per passenger – $250 $228 $216
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding in Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Guests will receive a welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into your cabin(s). Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Turning into Nicolai canal, towards the Mang Thit and Co Chien rivers. Rest on the upper deck with scenery of rice fields and sugar cane plantations.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta’s countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants.
- Reboarding the Bassac, each passenger will receive a complimentary drink. Rest on deck or in the bar area to enjoy the sunset.
- The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on Mang Thit river.
- 06:30 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers can enjoy their breakfast while viewing the scenery on the banks of the Mang Thit.
- The Bassac crosses Co Chien river then branches into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges. Guests will also see fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards.
- Arrival near Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be’s handicraft.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cai Be.
There is also the opportunity to do the cruise from Cai Be – Can Tho too. Please enquire when you book with your chosen travel agency. Both cruises are great value for money and give the same great experience.
If you have more time to stay in the south of Vietnam, maybe a trip to the Cu Chi tunnels is on your list of things to do;
Contact us now: 028 3838 8382