- What is visa on arrival?
All you need to do is to simply fill in an online application form (service fee required). Within 3-5 working days you’ll receive a visa approval letter, which means your visa will be ready at your appointed airport.
Copies of the approval letter will then be forwarded to Vietnam immigration checkpoints only at International Airports (Noi Bai/Tan Son Nhat/Da Nang). Upon your arrival, find the visa-on-arrival counter, where all documents are ready to quickly issue your entry visa.
- What is a visa approval letter?
A document approved by the Immigration Office that allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period is called visa approval letter.
– Visa approval letter is usually issued in group; hence, you and your companions’ names and information may be found in the same letter.
– Visa approval letter is unable to be amended once issued. In case you wish to change or update any information, you are suggested to apply for a new one.
- How long does it take to get an approval letter?
The approval letter is often processed and emailed to you within 3-5 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays).
In urgent cases, you might be able to get your approval letter on the same or the nearest working day, supposed you submit your application and fee before 12:00PM (GMT +7).
– It usually takes up to 5 working days for a 3-month validity visa approval letter.
– Visa-on-arrival counters at Vietnam’s international airports are available 24/7, so you can pick it up as soon as you receive your visa approval letter.
- How do I receive my visa approval letter?
Make sure the email address you provided us is correct, because we’ll send a copy in .pdf format of your approval letter via email. Besides, you may also request for a fax copy.
- Are there any exceptions with this type of visa?
Yes. Only at Vietnam’s 3 International Airports (Noi Bai/Tan Son Nhat/Da Nang) can you get a visa stamp. For overland and waterway entry, this type of visa is invalid.
Therefore, if you plan for a land or cruise trip to Vietnam, please visit a Vietnamese embassy for visa.
- Is a scan of my passport scan required?
A passport scan is not required for an online visa application in most cases. However, if the Immigration Office would like to verify your personal information, you are required to send them a scanned copy of your passport. In such cases, you’ll be instantly notified you by email.
- Do I need a photo and if so, what is its size?
Yes, you do. Please do not forget to bring at least 02 passport sized photos (4x6cm) upon arrival at Vietnam’s international airport.
Note: If you don’t have time or don’t remember to prepare those photos, it’s possible to get them taken at the airport with each a $2 or less.
- What if my passport has expired?
Your passport must have at least 6 months of validity to apply for a visa to Vietnam. Hence, please get a new one if your passport doesn’t meet the requirement to avoid possible unwanted situations at the airport.
- Should I provide you with the exact date of arrival?
Not necessarily. The provided date may precede the actual date of arrival; however, please mind your expiry date stated on the approval letter not to overstay your visa.
Note: Visa approval letter is unable to be amended once issued. In case you wish to change your date of arrival, you are suggested to apply for a new one.
- What are the procedures at Vietnam’s international airports?
Arriving at the airport, you’ll be asked to fill in a form. 2 passport sized photos (4x6cm) are required. It takes $25/stamp/person and $50/stamp/group entry. The procedure usually takes approximately 15 minutes.
- How long in advance should I apply for a visa on arrival?
Though it usually takes only 3-5 working days to get your Vietnamese visa approved, you’re strongly advised to apply for it 1-2 weeks prior to your arrival date in case of any unexpected administrative problem.
A Vietnamese visa on arrival can be applied for 1 day to 6 months in advance.
- How much does it cost?
There are generally 02 kinds of payment required: One is service fee paid in advance for the approval letter, the other is stamping fee paid directly at the airport. It usually takes $25/stamp/person and $50/stamp/group entry.
- What is stamping fee and how much is it?
Stamping fee is the fee you are required to pay at Vietnam’s international airport for an official visa stamp in your passport. The stamp fee must only be paid in cash, no credit cards are accepted.
It usually takes $25/stamp/person and $50/stamp/group entry.
- Why my credit card number is correct, but not accepted?
You might want to consider some possibilities such as:
- Wrong card expiration date provided;
- Credit limit reached;
- A computer/network error;
- Wrong visa verified password/secure code.
- How safe are my credit card details?
- When do I have to pay for the approval letter?
Service fee must be paid in advance for the approval letter.
- What should I do if I find out that I entered the wrong passport number?
You’ll receive a confirmation email shortly after submitting your application, in which your information provided earlier is confirmed. If you find out any mistakes, please contact the service supplier right away, or re-apply for a new visa with the correct information.
- Can I travel without the letter and get the visa when I arrive?
No, you cannot. It is compulsory that you show the visa approval letter to the airlines to board the plane. For this reason, you are highly recommended to apply for the visa as soon as possible to avoid delaying or cancelling your flight.
- What if I change my flight and arrive at another airport in Vietnam?
Visa on arrival is valid at Vietnam’s 3 International Airports (Noi Bai/Tan Son Nhat/Da Nang), so it doesn’t matter if you switch between these airports.