- We can take a bus from Gia Lam Bus Station ( Hanoi ) to Mien Tay (Western) Bus Station in Bai Chay ( Halong City ). The price of around 3$. But you have to use your body language to talk with the bus drivers.
- Vietnam Train: Gia Lam Railway Station ( Hanoi) ⇌ Halong Train Station . The price of 20$ per one way ticket. From the train station, you wil get the taxi ( 4km) to the Bai Chay Tourist Wharf.
- You can take local tour operator in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, mini van costs from 10$ to 20$ per one way ticket.
– If you arrive Noi Bai Airport and want to travel to Halong city, rent a car with a driver. Several companies offer this service at a little less than USD 100/one way for private car from Noi Bai- Halong. Note that this rate includes parking fee, tolls, petrol, driver.
– Car rent from Hanoi- Halong Bay (2 days 1 night) costs USD135-150/car/ 16 seat car.
– Train: By train, people take cargo train from Hanoi to Yenvien and then to QuangNinh. The terminal is about 50km away from the habor. Expect train delay, cancellation without notice. Available hard sleeper only,
the rate USD10/way.
-By Shuttle Bus
This type of transfer is available for departing from Hanoi center only. The shuttle bus can be understood as “tourist bus”, leaving Hanoi around 08:00 and return at 12:00 from Halong Bay every day. If your hotel is located in Hanoi Old Quarter, you will be picked up from the hotel. Otherwise, you have to take a taxi to the meeting point. There are maximum 14 people on shuttle bus – the Ford Transit minivan.
Meeting point in Hanoi: In front of Opera House, N0 1 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi
Ending point in Halong Bay: Bai Chay habour
-Please note that unless you have a Vietnamese driver’s licence it is illegal for you to drive a car or motorcycle in Vietnam. International Driver’s Permits are not recognised.